Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the team and become part of our family!
Charter Dura-Bar in Woodstock, IL has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering student to join our summer internship program!
This is a summer internship opportunity (targeted start date June 2021)
Become part of the department while being exposed to varying issues. Assist and/or lead multiple engineering-related projects supporting the different facets of the business. Collaborate directly with other employees and work on projects independently. Grow through Charter's Internship values of communication, high expectations, accountability, responsibility, teamwork, exposure to business, and real-world work experience.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program in Engineering or a related field with current status of at least a Sophomore level.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Participate in all aspects of engineering including process assessment, production controls, Continuous Improvement, design, and reporting/analysis.
- Assist in other projects and function as a resource for other team members.
- Work with engineering, production, and maintenance on projects.
- Learn and apply engineering concepts to improvement projects.
- Document and improve processes.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Juggling multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Working independently with little direction.